Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas musings




I have a CD from RBC, the publishers of "Our Daily Bread" devotionals that has the most lovely arrangement of this poem/song. I didn't realize what it was until it showed up on my daily calendar a couple days ago. What a wonderful image, and doesn't it effectively take us away, even for a moment, from what this season has become in our society today. No hustle and bustle, no stessful gift purchases to make, no meal planning and baking (actually the more stressful task for me), no frenzied cleaning. Just the thought of a tiny baby, love incarnate (1 John 4:8), born in a place that was an afterthought of the innkeeper, is enough to quiet my thoughts and my spirit despite the world around me.

1 John 4:9 tells us "This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."

Love all lovely, love divine indeed.

No comments: